This website is operated by sportstoreusa.com (the store). Throughout the site, the terms ‘the store’, ‘we’, ‘us’ and ‘our’ refer to sportstoreusa.com.
If you do not accept the privacy policies stated here, you are not entitled to access the store or order any product/service from the store.
Here’s what you need to know
We’ll always keep your data safe and secure. It’s the number one priority for us.
We’ll use your data to improve your experience with the store or complete the order you have placed with us.
We’ll use your data for marketing campaigns.
If we no longer need your data, we will delete it and would love to keep our systems clean of cobwebs!
The information we collect
Once you visit our store, we automatically collect the following information:
- Web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device.
- The search terms or websites you used to navigate at our store, the webpages or products you viewed at our store.
- This will be referred to as ‘automatically-collected information’.
Once you attempt to purchase or place an order with us, we collect the following information:
- Your name, contact number, email, billing & shipping address and payment information.
- Abandoned baskets and purchase history.
- This will be referred to as ‘order information’.
Use of your information
The automatically-collected information is used:
- To improve your experience with the store.
- For marketing campaigns.
The order information is used:
- For the fulfillment of the order, you have placed with us. Your name, contact number, email and addresses are also shared with the courier companies, so they can share order tracking updates with you.
- To inform you of the latest updates and announcements (via contact number or email) concerning your order and let you know when it’s on way!
- To suggest the best products based on your purchase history and abandoned baskets. This helps you find related products to what you’re interested in.
- To update you for the latest available products at our store and sales promotions (only if you have given us clear consent to do so).
- Additionally, the payment information is used to process the payment against your order or to process refunds whenever needed.
Sharing your information
We do not sell any of your data to any third party. However, we do share your data with a select few parties/companies/organizations to complete your contract with us and provide you with the best possible service. These include:
- Our trusted suppliers & warehouses, that process the order for you.
- Our trusted courier companies, that deliver the order to you.
- Marketing and advertisement agencies, who help our existing and potential customer, to get the right and desired products in front of them.
- Law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies.
We use your information for marketing purposes to help you to get the right product and the product you are interested in.
We may also show you adverts when browsing on other websites. This is to help you easily find the products you may like.
The adverts you see will be based on the information we hold on you or your previous use of our website. This means you may see products you have previously browsed or promotions we think you’ll be interested in.
You can unsubscribe from marketing communication at any time by contacting our customer services and our official email provided in the ‘contact us’ section.
Your data & your rights
You have the rights to:
- Request a copy of the information we hold about you.
- Request to correct, update or delete the information we hold about you.
To act upon one of your above rights, or if you just have any query, please contact customer services and our official email provided in the ‘contact us’ section.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, there are several of lawful reasons for us to use (or ‘process’) your personal information. One of the lawful reasons is called ‘Legitimate Interests’. Broadly speaking, Legitimate Interests means that we can process your personal information if:
- We have a genuine and legitimate reason and we are not harming any of your rights and interests.
- Some typical examples of when we might use the approach for preventing fraud, digital marketing, maintaining the security of our system, data analytics and enhancing, modifying or improving our services.
As ever, you can opt-out at any time by contacting customer services and our official email provided in the ‘contact us’ section.
Our website and marketing communications may contain links to other websites, run by carefully selected partners. We’ll make it clear you’re visiting a partner website before you click.
We don’t run these websites so we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting them. Please look at the privacy statement applicable to the website before sharing any personal details with them.
Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. For example, a cookie makes it easier to shop by remembering your email address so you don’t have to re-enter it each time you visit.
Cookies also enable us to check which pages are the most popular on the site and how visitors use our site. A cookie does not give us access to your computer.
The ‘help’ menu in most web browsers will tell you how you can be informed when you receive a new cookie or how to disable cookies altogether. However, we recommend that you leave cookies turned on as they allow you to access some of the most useful features of our website.